RUNWAY COSTUME CONTEST
This contest will be "Runway" style. There will be no pre-judging. Contestants can enter in store bought or home made costumes.
Scroll down to complete the costume contest application
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
(Additional awards may be created at the judges discretion)
Best in Show
Best Anime Character
Best Comic Book Character
Best Video Game Character
Best Cartoon Character
Best Sci-Fi / Fantasy Character
Judges Award #1
Judges Award #2
Judges Award #3
1. One costume per person. No separate entries from the same person.
2. There is a limit of 50 entries.
3. All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, movie or jrock/jpop artist.
4. All contestants must fill out the costume competition registration form. Sign up will be at the Cosplay Booth (#1009) all day Sunday and at the event before it begins.
5. All costumes must be PG-13 or less. No nudity or risque costumes.
6. No bad behavior. You know what that means. No trash talking, sabotage or poor sportsmanship. Improper behavior will get you removed from the competition and possibly the convention. Remember, we’re all here to have fun.
7. No harmful or potential harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string and any other substance that can be fired, launched or dripped.
What to expect at the contest:
When you first arrive at the show, there will be a COSPLAY BOOTH located at Booth #1009 in the Exhibition Room. This is where all questions regarding the completion can be answered and where you will need to sign up and/or check in.
Who can enter?
All attendees who have a entry badge or bracelet for Animate! Miami can enter this contest. Participants can enter as individuals or in groups (up to 10 per group)
How do I sign up for the contest?
There are two ways to register for the competition
(1) Register Online. This is the most preferred method. The registration info is posted below – When you register online you will receive an email confirmation with your contestant # and further instructions.
(2) Register at the Cosplay Booth (#1009) at the convention. Fill out and return the entry form to the registration table. You will be given a contestant # and further information.
(3) Register at the contest. Show up to the contest at least 15 minutes before it starts to check in and get registered.
All entrants must show up 15 minutes prior to the contest for roll call.
Costume Contest Entry Information: Please send an email, with the following information to email@example.com prior to the advance registration deadline of January 10, 2013. Any entries not sent in advance by January 10, 2013 must be entered at the convention at the cosplay booth (#1009).
1. Full Name
2. Contest you are entering. In this case, it is the Animate! Miami Runway Contest
3. Email Address
7. Zip Code
9. Are you entering as an individual of group?
10. Character name that your costume is based on
11. What series or property does your character come from?
12. Emergency Contact Name
13. Emergency Contact Phone Number
Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries will be contacted back via email with a contestant # and pre-judging information